Saturday

Scrapbook in a Day: How does it work?


First of all, it isn't really just one day. However, the recipes and cutting diagrams do make it possible to create beautiful pages quickly. I generally spend about 4 hours cutting and assembling the 18 basic pages. At the workshop, you will receive the cutting diagrams to create the 18 pages. The next open workshop, or at home, you can add journaling, a few embellishments, and pictures to finish each page to your unique taste.



I offer "Open Workshops" on a couple of Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons each month. When you purchase your workshop materials from me, you can come to any of the open workshop days and complete your project in the studio. If you don't finish in one session, you can return until you're finished.


Here is an example of a basic layout (remember, there are 18 different pages):




This is a completed page using embellishments:


As this page commemorated a particularly special moment, I added a number of elements to make it special. The library card journaling, the title were all more time consuming; however, I enjoy adding details. You can use any of my cutting tools and the Cricut when you're working in the studio.

This page was much simpler and took about 15 minutes to complete.

This page was also quite simple. Coordinating cardstock highlighted the colors of the prom and made the dress "pop."




The 18 page workshop includes the Paper Packet, Stickease, 16 sheets white cardstock for bases, 4 sheets of color cardstock and matching ribbon (call or email me to select color) and cutting guides. During the open workshop, you can use the studio tools (Cricut etc.) to complete your pages. Cost: $50.00

I've had people ask if they can select a different paper pack for the workshop and the answer is yes. This scrapbooking system will work with any of Close To My Heart paper packs. However, the samples that I have available are made with Silhouette. For more information, go to my website: http://paperescape.myctmh.com/ click on calendar to see Open Workshop days.




Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning,
    I just want you to know how much I appreciate your sharing of the Prom Night Scrapbook Pages. My daughter will turn 50 on July 11 of this year. I'm not a scrapbooker, but decided the 1st of June to make her a scrapbook of all of her 50 years. So far I'm on page 36. Egad, did I bite off a huge chunk. I was stumped on her Prom photo for 2 days until I checked SCS and saw your pages. You inspired me to use print paper which I had not thought of and although, mine looks nothing like yours, yours did inspire me to finally complete the page. Thank you so very much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sara Alford
    joiseygirl3@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete