Tuesday

Wedding Wishes


Frankly, I would rather take a beating than go to a wedding. Unfortunately, no one ever offers you that option, hence today's wedding card. I ended up making a dozen of these; one for the happy couple, one for my very sweet and helpful upline that gave me the paper to finish my dozen, and one to display. The rest were for a swap.
I hope it doesn't look easy, because it certainly wasn't. The design began as a 5 inch square. Prior to packaging them for the swap, I reread the directions and discovered I'd actually signed up for a 4.25 x 5.5 swap. Grrr. However, all was not lost. The swap host suggested I mount them on black paper, then on white paper and submit them in the still open six inch square slot. Then I had to make ten more cards in the size I'd actually signed up for. Fortified by a blender of margaritas, I completed the task by midnight. I suppose it's my Karma for continually nagging my students to "read the directions."
I don't color very well (the coloring is quite awful.) So, I sprayed an adhesive over the whole oval and coated it with glitter. Beautiful! I love it when I'm clever!
Details: Stamp: CTMH "Now and Forever" Paper CTMH card stock: Black, White, Blush, CTMH ink and colored pencils, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, and Nestibilities
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your whole blog and must tell you how much I enjoy your writing style! You have my kind of humor. And what do you know - you like cardmaking, too, and you're good at it. Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete